Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Three Shrine Festival











This festival was in Hachinohe (same town where I went to the fish market), a couple weeks ago. Right before I had my camera/internet issues. So these are the pics I took with camera. And I took some video too!! It was about an hour away. We had to take a couple toll roads. On the way back Berto somehow took the wrong direction, we had to go about 15 miles out of the way. That ended up being like a 1,000 Yen mistake (10 bucks). Ha-ha. Omg, also once we got there, we couldn't find parking. Just kept driving around looking. We were starting to get frustrated, so were ready to just park anywhere. We found this little lot that had one of those mechanical arms. So, we thought "This looks good enough." I figured we might have a problem once we got back. Of course the ticket was written in Japanese. We kept trying to put some Yen in the slot to let us out. It wasn't working, and just when we were about to call the number listed on sign, an attendant came. I guess the lot was for the nearby hotel. Ooops, so we paid our 150 Yen to get out. :)

The festival had some really elaborate floats. What was really neat was that in order to get through the street in some places that had lights, it transformed! It went from being really tall, to lowering down to fit. You can kind of see that in one video I took. There is a building in background that says "Happy Science". Jim had asked me about that on FB, (I can add pics to FB with one click on cell) I have no idea what that was. They do name alot of things here with "happy" though.









No comments:

Post a Comment