Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Long time no blog

Hello everyone!!

I know it's been a long time since I've blogged. But have only had internet for a week now. The first couple of days was getting my fix on tv shows we have missed. I love the show True Blood and Berto and I both like Weeds and Entourage. Then over the long holiday weekend we went camping! Can you believe it? It took some convincing from our friends and Berto to get me to agree. I haven't been camping since childhood!! I will post pictures soon. Also will try to put a link to my Flickr-its easy to put ALL my pics there. This blog only lets me upload 5 at a time, so is time consuming. And links to some places we have been. But, I am getting ahead of myself.....

We moved in to our house and we LOVE it!! We are using loaner furniture and appliances we can keep for as long as we need. We should be getting the rest of our stuff in the next couple weeks. Can't wait for that!! Our house has lots of storage which is great! I just ran around counting all the remote controls. There are 13!! The fans and a/c remotes are posted on the wall. The heaters have the remote in a holder on back. Every room has a ceiling fan, and heater (1 remote is missing) and for the 2 a/c units. Oh, and 2 garage door openers. Hahaha.

Our stove is gas, so had to get used to that. It has a knob to turn gas on. That kinda scared us-have to make sure to remember to turn it off! Yesterday, Berto left it on for about 3 hours on accident. I'm just glad I wasn't the first one to make this mistake! I'm soo bad, I know.

We also have our cats with us! The lady at the kennel, told us most people take their cats home as soon as they get into a house. But, also made sure to tell us that we DIDN'T hear it from her!! They were supposed to be in quarantine for another 2 months!! Zeus and Zorro love their new house and we are happy to be a complete family again. They love when the windows are open so they can look out. They both spend a lot of time in front of the sliding glass door to the porch. There is also a window "seat" (but not really a seat) that Zorro loves to perch up on.

Another cool thing about the house. Both showers have their own waterproof floor with a drain. You can stand in the tub or out with the hand shower. I bet this is convenient for people with kids.

We still need to find blackout curtains and some for the sliding door. Anyone can look in and see the whole living room!! We are shopping for some furniture too. We need a computer desk and new kitchen table. I want a kitchen island, since there isn't very much counter space. There are some furniture stores we need to check out that I've been told about.

OK, need to post pics and links. Sorry my writing was more like random thoughts. There's just soo much to catch up on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment