Friday, September 17, 2010

Japanese class




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Konbanwa--Good evening!

Gilberto and I started a Japanese class at the Misawa International center. Tonight was our second class. There's about 20 people in class. Military and spouses, free child care provided.

I find it pretty helpful to have a Japanese person as a teacher. I have books that I try to learn from, but hearing and repeating is great.

For some reason half of class today was spent making origami tulips. I would have preferred more language, but oh well.

On the way home we stopped by our local conbini, or convenience store. I wanted a Japanese kit kat, got a salt and caramel flavor. Thought that was pretty funny because my sister Lisa is crazy for this flavor these days.

Gilberto volunteered to help tomorrow for the Air Show this weekend. (Performances by the Japan Air Self Defense Force's "Blue Impulse"). I think it's more like gopher work. You know, go for this, go for that. :). We tried to go to the air show last year, but the traffic was to crazy. It was backed up all the way at our house!! And the base is a few miles away. We'll see if we make it there this year.

Jaa mata, Oyasuminasai. (See you, good night)

P.S. I added a lot of pictures to my Flickr photostream. It's way easier to add there for me.

Location:2丁目,Misawa,Japan

1 comment:

  1. Kiki! I love the tulips, and I recognize the sake jar glasses!! :)

    So funny - I am at work, and just mixed up some bottled water and powdered green tea I bought at Super Drug - It looks so gross in our water bottles but it's good. I was thinking about you as I drank it and just suddenly decided to check your blog and you had updated!! WOW! jaa mata!

    ReplyDelete