Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I love Basil and Cilantro!

My sister Ana sent some cilantro and pepper seeds that I planted a few months ago.  We also planted some basil.  They are doing great!  We're loving having the freshest basil and cilantro imaginable, our two favorite herbs.  The pepper plant is growing, but not sure how long it takes to actually have peppers.  We'll see.

We've been incorporating basil into our meals, cilantro has always been there.   I wanted to try other things, not just make pesto.  So, decided to make my own basil mayonnaise.  It's delicious and such a revelation!  And we make spring rolls all the time.  Usually shrimp with a peanut sauce.  The rolls consist of glass noodles, green onions or leeks, carrot, cucumber, basil and cilantro.  But this time we bought a hunk of tuna and used sashimi slices.  With a garlic soy dipping sauce and spicy chili.     YUM!!





Starting to make a roasted chicken sandwich for lunch.  Don't normally put that much mayo, but wanted the basil to show up in the picture!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I didn't have much luck with my basil, and I didn't even grow it from seeds. You must have M-O-M's green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I love the photos and your springrolls sound amazing! Glad you had fun with the seeds!

    ReplyDelete