Monday, October 3, 2011

Cake House Shiroi Mori

 Have a break time in Shiroimori.  You'll be happy and take a easy mind.  :)  Yes, I was happy and my mind was easy!  ;)
 Berto making a funny face
 Berto's basil chicken pasta and salad.  (He would not eat the zucchini)
 My chicken curry pita sandwich. Delicious! With delicious onion broth.  We traded side dishes.
 Banana milk tea.  I now see what the hype was about!
 Chocolate cake with ice cream, chocolate sauce and fresh fruit.  Lovely!
 Some complicated coffee machines





Cake buffet option with a one hour time limit.  They even give you one of those sand hour glasses.  They charge more for men!  Ha!


We had a fabulous rainy Sunday at the Cake House and antique shopping.  Well, I probably had a better time shopping then Gilbert did.  :) The Cake House is just down the street from our house but I had never been.  Gilbert went for lunch once about a year ago.  I heard the food was great and was more interested in that than the desserts.  (We had tried to go another time but they weren't serving food.)  The ambiance was great.  There were people relaxing with tea or coffee and on their laptops.  We sat in the back room, there were groups of people sitting on the couches.  All with french music playing, that was great.  We ended up relaxing there for an hour and a half, just talking and enjoying our food.

My chicken curry pita sandwich was really good.  I also tried Gilbert's pasta, delish!  I definitely could replicate and plan to this week!  The food was a set and included the side dish, coffee or tea and dessert for 1,200 Yen.  Which is about $15.50.  We got the banana milk tea (I've heard raves about it) which was an extra 200 Yen.  We were so happy with all of it, we will definitely go back.

 I brought this pretty lady home.  I love her kimono and all her details.  Down to the decorations in her hair!


 Her out of the display box
 She looks just as good from behind!
 Berto FINALLY hung this up!  I have to do something to camouflage those ugly brackets. :(
Got this the other day, Hello Kitty wearing a kimono.  :)

I was very happy with my Japanese lady!  We went to several antique/thrift stores.  One had about 5 of these dolls.  Different colored kimonos and price ranges.  My lady was the equivalent to $35, and that included the display box.  I thought it was a steal!  Since bringing her home I just keep going into the hallway to look at her!  She's just so pretty!

The Asian Bazaar is this weekend!!  I found some great stuff last year, including our beautiful bar.  Can't wait!!  We'll also be going to a beer brewery with a large group.  A going away party for some friends.

1 comment:

  1. I was waiting for you to get to the "cake" part of the Cake House- haha!! 1 hour cake buffet!! Love the Geisha, how pretty!! I have a Hello Kitty in a red kimono in my car I bought at the Tokyo airport.

    ReplyDelete