Sunday, July 26, 2009

Festival Weekend!!

These 2 pics are from Friday night, didn't come out very well. :( I think this place looked fake! Hahaha.
This was a bar we met up with a couple of Berto's sailor friends. I liked that they had a plaque that said Spam Blvd with a Minnesota State pic. Made me kinda homesick....



So we went to a festival that was right outside of the gate!! We went Friday night (unfor. I forgot my digital camera ) and Sunday night. The iPhone doesn't have flash, so my pics were bad. But I took more pics tonight. There was tons of street vendors cooking lots of meat skewers. What the meat was all the time I can't be sure. But it smelled wonderful! The Japanese really like putting things on sticks! Ha-ha!! :)

We were really hungry when we got to the festival. We had a couple of small skewers and small noodles from street vendor. I almost had a heart attack because we took out about $50 in Yen. Berto gave the old lady the single bill. She only gave him back around 50 cents. He came back with a confused look, I didn't realize what happened. Then he told me, I got mad, and made him go get his change. He stood there talking to her for about 5 minutes. Obvious language barrier issues. He finally typed in the amount into his phone and showed her. She looked where the bill was, and realized her mistake. Berto said she kept apologizing and said that she was tired and drunk! Well, he thinks that's what she said.


There were many women wearing the traditional kimonos. I tried getting pictures of people without them seeing. This little girl is one of my favorite pics so far.


There was the main street and other side streets that were all blocked off for the festivities.


A coiled whole french fried potato.

There was a lot of Americans at this festival since it was right next to the base.

There was people playing a basketball competition.

Ode to Transformers??
Harry Potter
They have all kinds of figurines like these. I think they are soo cute!!!




We came to this bar/restaurant. No idea how small it was from the outside. You walk in to go up these REALLY steep stairs. Then there is a small bar. With one longer table on other end. We went up another set of stairs to a loft that had only 2 tables. There were 3 people at other table. You had to side step to get through. We ordered some noodles to share and 2 steak sandwiches. They were listed under "Snacks" Berto had a "red" beer and I had some hot green tea. The portions were small which was exactly the right amount. It was really good! And Berto's beer was yummy! We will definitely go back.


I took this pic because I thought these girls were "interesting". They had makeup CAKED on, it was scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment